Privacy and Cookies
Simavi and the girls and women we work for depend on your contribution. With your donation, dedication or sharing a campaign you make our work possible. We are pleased with your involvement and the trust you place in us to make the world a bit more beautiful with your contribution. In order to strengthen this trust, we would like to inform you with this privacy statement about the way we handle the personal information we receive from you and for what purposes we use this personal information.
As soon as we save your data we are a ‘processor’ of your data. Simavi is therefore responsible for the processing of your personal data. We think that careful handling of this data is very important. This means, among other things, that we treat your personal data confidentially, that we have taken security measures to protect your personal data against loss, unauthorized access or theft and that we will delete data if it is no longer required for our work or when you ask us to do so.
This Privacy Statement may change from time to time if new developments give reason to do so. You can always find the most current Simavi Privacy Statement on www.simavi.org. If the Privacy Statement is changed, we will communicate this via our website or by email.
The times when we receive your personal data
Simavi obtains your personal data in various ways. For example, when you make a donation to Simavi, at least your name and account number will be processed. This information is required for registering and processing your donation. In a number of cases we ask your address (also) to keep you informed of our work and new campaigns. If you are a volunteer for Simavi, or if you otherwise commit yourself to Simavi, we also collect your data for the benefit of our volunteer administration.
You can also process your personal data when you use our services. Consider, for example, the moment you contact our customer service department by e-mail or telephone, if you make a donation by SMS or if you register for our e-mail newsletter. In this case we process your account number, telephone number, e-mail address and your name.
We can also process your data that you share with us online. Consider, for example, signing a petition, your online action page at https://kominactie.simavi.nl/ and your details (such as your place of residence) that can be derived from social media. This allows us to offer you targeted and relevant information. We try to connect as much as possible with your personal interests.
For which purpose does Simavi collect and process personal data?
We process your personal data so that we include:
- Be able to process and manage your donation
- Can meet (legal) financial and fiscal obligations
- Being able to inform you about new campaigns and being able to ask for a new donation. Simavi can also use your email address to reach you via social media channels, for example Twitter. We only do this if you have given permission for the use of your email address.
- Can keep track of who we can and can not approach for our campaigns.
- Being able to ask you to use Simavi in a different way.
- To be able to test and improve the quality of our services, such as our customer service departments, the way in which we provide information about our projects and our website (s).
- To be able to conduct market research so that we can tailor our services more to your needs.
- To be able to track web statistics and facilitate the sharing of messages via social media.
- You can register if you have signed for a petition from us.
Access to and adaptation of personal data
If you want to know which Personal Data we collect and use, you can ask Simavi to send an overview. Simavi will then ask you to submit a copy of a proof of identity. The request for perusal can be made via the firstname.lastname@example.org. Simavi will respond to your request in writing within four (4) weeks via the specified e-mail address. If you wish to have your personal details corrected, supplemented, removed and / or protected on the basis of the overview, you can send a new request for this. Simavi will also respond to this request within four (4) weeks.
Which third parties have access to your data?
Simavi does not sell your personal data to third parties. We may, however, temporarily share your personal data with a party contracted by Simavi that provides services at the request of us, such as a call center. In addition, in certain cases we use IT systems from suppliers, where it is possible that the supplier also has access to the system on which your personal data are processed. In all cases, we ensure that these third parties comply with good safeguards in the area of privacy and security.
Security of personal data
Simavi attaches great importance to a good security of personal data. Simavi has therefore taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing. For example, Simavi always uses a secure (SSL) connection when processing donations and sending contact forms.
We do not store your personal data longer than necessary
Your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary. Our aim is to destroy personal data as soon as we no longer need them in order to achieve our goals. We make your data useless by encrypting, anonymizing or deleting them. Some data is saved because it is required by a financial and / or fiscal obligation. In that case, your data will be stored for seven years.
You can unsubscribe for campaigns and newsletters
In every email or after every telephone conversation we have included a possibility to unsubscribe you for this form of communication. You can also send an email to email@example.com to unsubscribe.
Simavi and third party websites
On our website there are several links to websites of third parties. We advise you to read the Privacy Statement of the website that you visit via our website. We can not accept responsibility for the way in which third party websites handle your personal data.
You have different rights when it comes to your personal data
- If you make a request for inspection, correction, removal or opposition, we will first assess whether we can deal with your request. We can not process the request if we can not determine your identity or if you made a similar request recently (less than six months ago).
- You have the right to request the inspection, correction or deletion of your personal data.
- You have the right of resistance. This means that you can oppose the use by Simavi of your data for recruiting purposes.
- You always have the opportunity to submit a complaint about the use of personal data by Simavi. Initially with us, so that we can learn from it, but if you are not satisfied with our response to the Dutch Data Protection Authority. If you do not agree with our decision on a request for inspection, correction, removal or opposition, you can lodge a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority via https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/
- If we have dealt with the request, there are a number of situations in which we must refuse the request. We will, for example, have to refuse a request if the protection of the rights of third parties is more important. This can occur if your access request also contains the personal details of other people. If we reject the request, we will explain in writing within six weeks why we can not comply with the request.
- You have the right to so-called data portability. This means that you can ask Simavi to provide your digitally stored data when you enter into a comparable relationship with another organization. In concrete terms, this means that we send you an overview of your personal data as we have stored it. You can ask Simavi to transfer the data directly to that other organization. Simavi is not responsible for the way in which the other organization processes this data.
At simavi.org we use:
Functional cookies. These cookies are necessary for the functioning of the website. For example, functional cookies are used on simavi.nl;
- the uniform loading of the website, so that the site remains accessible
- reading your browser settings in order to optimally display our website on your screen
- storing settings for optimal video display, such as the desired buffer size and the resolution data of your screen.
Analytical cookies. Anonymous data about the surfing behavior is collected via Google Analytics. This way we can see how visitors like you use the website and on that basis improve the website. We use analytical cookies for;
- tracking the number of visitors on our web pages
- keeping track of the amount of time each visitor spends on our web pages
- determining the order in which a visitor visits the various pages of our website
- assessing which parts of our site need adjustment
- optimizing the website
- measuring and optimizing the performance of our marketing campaigns
- Reducing our traffic from different channels
Social media cookies. Social media cookies make extra functionalities possible. This involves, for example, the provision of a Google Maps map with interactive directions, the ‘like’ button from facebook or the ability to share articles and videos that you view on our website.
We only post a social media cookie when you actually use one of these functionalities. For the cookies that the social media parties place and the possible data they collect, we refer to the statements that these parties provide on their own websites; see the links below. These statements can change regularly.
How long do cookies remain on my computer, tablet or phone?
Functional cookies do not collect personal data and help us to improve the site. Analytical and advertising cookies are not automatically deleted. You can delete it yourself. And you can always renew or change your cookie preferences yourself.
Browser settings and delete cookies
If you do not want websites to store cookies on your computer, you can adjust your browser settings accordingly. In that case you will receive a warning before cookies are placed. You can also adjust your settings so that your browser refuses all cookies or only the cookies from third parties. You can also delete cookies that have already been placed. The permission given to Simavi by you to place and read cookies can also be withdrawn at any time by adjusting your browser settings to such an extent that your browser does not accept cookies and / or by removing all cookies already placed in your browser. This may result in certain parts of the Simavi website not working or no longer working properly. How you can adjust your browser settings differs per browser. Click on one of the links below to go directly to the manual of your browser.
Change cookie statement
We will have to adjust these statements from time to time, because, for example, our website or the rules surrounding cookies change. We may change the content of the statements and the cookies included in the lists always and without prior notice. You can consult this web page for the latest version.
If you have any questions and / or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org