5 DAY HIKE TO THE SUNRISE ON POON HILL
In November 2019 Simavi is holding the very first Hike for Health in Nepal. And you can be there! The Hike for Health consists of a 5 day trek through the spectacular Annapurna mountain range. This challenging hike will take you past traditional mountain villages, wild rivers and magical forests. You will hike through snow-topped mountain peaks to Poon Hill, at 3,200 metres, where you can admire the breathtaking spectacle of the sunrise and heighten your experience in a yoga and meditation session. We will end our trip in the authentic and bustling city of Kathmandu.
Nepal has the highest maternal mortality rate in Asia. For every 10,000 births, 259 mothers die. The average in Asia is 182 and in the Netherlands it is 10. Of every 1,000 babies born in Nepal, 21 die. Compare that with the infant mortality rate in the Netherlands: 3 per 1,000 births. Luckily the solution is simple, and with your money we can make it happen.
SEE WHY YOU'RE DOING IT
Nepal has the highest maternal mortality rate in Asia. The Simavi projects in Nepal are working for better hygiene, toilets and clean water in the poorest parts of the country. Check it out for yourself. Before the hike we will visit projects in Kapilvastu and Kohalpur, where you will meet people in the communities where Simavi is active and see what a change your sponsorship money will make.
By taking part in Hike for Health you will not only be supporting the Simavi projects, but also going on a voyage of discovery through one of the most beautiful natural areas in the world.
- When: 14–23 November 2019
- Duration: 10 days (excluding travel to and from Nepal)
- Type: hike/trek
- Distance: approx. 50 kilometres
- Highest point: 3,210 m (Poon Hill)
- Who: active nature lovers who relish a challenge and want to make a difference in people’s lives (minimum age: 18)
- Cost: €1,300 (incl. accommodation and breakfast, meals, yoga and internal transfers; excl. flights to and from Nepal)
- Flights: you book your own international flights. We can advise you and help with bookings. In our experience it is wise to book as early as possible. Flights cost from about 500 to 800 euros
- Sponsorship money: € 3,000
- Accommodation: hotels, local lodges and guest houses
- Travel crew: Simavi representative, local guides, yoga teacher, photographer or camera operator
By taking part in the Hike for Health you will
not only be supporting the Simavi projects, but also going on a voyage of discovery through one of the most beautiful natural areas in the world.
The good cause
Simavi works towards a healthy life for all. People need to be healthy to develop their potential, look after their families and lift themselves out of poverty. Which is why we invest in meeting the basic needs for a healthy life for the most vulnerable group in Nepal – women and girls – so that they and their children can enjoy a decent and healthy life.
By taking part in the Hike for Health you will give these mothers and children the chance of leading an independent and healthy life.
For more information on the Hike for Health Nepal 2019 download the free brochure. You can also contact us by mail or phone, or visit the website (see below).