Programme Officer SRHR
Simavi is an ambitious, growing development organization. Our head office is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and we have local representations in Bangladesh, Indonesia, Tanzania and Uganda. In partnership with local civil society organisations, we improve the health of marginalised communities in the poorest regions in developing countries in Africa and Asia. Together with local communities, the private sector, knowledge institutes and governments we address Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights as well as the basic need for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene- because we believe that those two themes are the basic determinants for a good health. We campaign to engage the general public and involve them in what we do. We are a member of the Watershed Alliance, a member of the GUSO (Get Up Speak Out) Alliance, and take part in many more initiatives and alliances.
Simavi is looking for an experienced, ambitious and dynamic
Programme Officer SRHR
unpaid leave replacement for 5 months per mid July 2017
Simavi is looking for a Programme Officer in the area of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR). Service oriented and a real talent in project administration.
You will work in a dynamic team of SRHR and WASH Programme Officers, who develop and manage the projects and programmes of Simavi in Africa and Asia.
Within this team it will be your role to support our partner organisations in Malawi and Kenya. For a few of our programmes like GUSO and More than Brides it will be your responsibility to perform all project administration and provide support to our Southern partners.
Tasks and responsibilitie
1. Manage programme and project administration:
- Manage country plan and partner plans for ‘Get up Speak Out’ programme in Malawi in collaboration with Country Focal Point.
- Manage country plan and partner plans for ‘More than Brides’ programme in Malawi in collaboration with Country Focal Point.
- Manage Simavi projects of partners in Malawi.
- Provide administrative support of GUSO partner projects in Kenya in collaboration with Country Focal Point.
2. Support Simavi’s partner organisations in Malawi and Kenya:
- Identify support areas for capacity strengthening.
- Coach partners in implementation of projects within larger programme.
- Support partners in alliance building.
- Be direct and first contact person of all implementing partners in Malawi.
3. Relationship management with local partner organisations, partner organisations within and outside alliance, consultants and other relevant contacts.
4. Contribute to SRHR programme implementation, which includes ensuring contractual compliance, monitor progress, assess reports, organize support missions, contribute to reports for external donors and other programme management. The Programme Officer will report to the Programme Manager.
- Academic level with proven knowledge and experience in the field of community health and rights based approach;
- Experience in the field of SRHR/Public Health is requirement
- Three to five years of relevant working experience preferably in a developing country;
- Experienced in project administration;
- Relevant working experience (working with local partner organisations, managing contacts with key-stakeholders) preferably also in a developing country;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in Dutch and English;
- Dutch citizen or in possession of legal entitlement to live and work in the Netherlands is a requirement;
- Team player, but also able to work independently.
- An interesting position (36 hours/week) in a dynamic and international working environment, with substantial personal freedom in the context of an ambitious and professional team;
- A gross monthly salary between € 2,755 and € 3,887 on a fulltime basis of 36 hours per week;
- A temporary contract for 5 months starting per July 17th 2017 (unpaid leave replacement).
- Excellent secondary employment conditions;
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Our office is located at Naritaweg 135, which is a 2 minutes’ walk from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Aika van der Kleij (Programme Manager) via firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply?
In case you recognise yourself in the profile we are looking forward to receive your application before June 22nd 2017. Please send your letter and resume (in English, max. 4 pages) to email@example.com, using reference Programme Officer SRHR.
Commercial inquiries or job postings are not appreciated or accepted regarding this vacancy.