Fundraiser Relationship Manager
Simavi is looking for a an energetic and outgoing
Fundraiser Relationship Manager
(32 hours per week)
Our mission is a healthy life for all. We strive for a world in which women and girls are socially and economically empowered and pursue their rights to live a healthy life free from discrimination, coercion, and violence. Read more about our work at www.simavi.org.
Your role at Simavi
The role of Fundraiser Relationship Manager is new, as is the circle Private Fundraising. This means that in your position you have a lot of freedom to further develop the role with an emphasis on relationship management, creativity and driving by results. The Fundraiser Relationship Manager executes and monitors the work plans of projects, events, campaigns, and other activities of the Private Fundraising circle according to time, budget and quality focussed on High Value relations. These projects, events, campaigns, and activities have either fundraising targets or contribute to other objectives.
Your result areas
1. Development and realisation of fundraising activities around High Value giving:
- Contributing to Simavi’s funding and increasing the engagement (and income) of High Value segments with a focus on middle and major giving programs and by building a pipeline model around legacy pledgers.
- The development and execution of strategic work plans for fundraising activities and events around High Value propositions, according to KPI’s and ambition set in our 5-year strategic fundraising plan.
- Coordinates and guides fundraising activities and events for existing and new Middle and Major Donor groups. Monitors goals, planning and budgets.
- Coordinates our Case for Support and manages to translate Simavi’s pearl programmes into appealing proposals for High Value segments.
- Coordinates development of methods and/or materials to support the realisation of fundraising activities (campaigns, brochures, mailings, et cetera)
- Monitors progress of fundraising plan and activities, reports the status and results, proposes adjustment and/or improvement, and undertakes action when needed.
- Follows up on High Value relations, in order to intensify their (financial) engagement with Simavi’s work. Reporting, evaluating, and thanking is part of our relationship management DNA.
2. Legacy, relationship management and moves management program
- Pro-actively development and execution of the work plans for networking events, campaigns, and projects, with the aim of improving Simavi’s legacy pipeline
- Arranges contracting with external parties after negotiation process and ensures proper administration
- Monitors scripts during events and takes a hands-on position during events (e.g. contact with suppliers).
- Executes (house) visits to help people in their legacy (information) process.
- Handling of administration around legacies.
3. Networking and managing accounts and relations
- Actively maintains Simavi’s internal and external network of stakeholders, suppliers, and relations by pro-actively drawing attention to our work.
- Ensures convincing and target group-oriented representation of Simavi’s work and approach with project stakeholders, by giving presentations and participation in relevant (digital) platforms.
- Evaluates cooperation with partners, signals opportunities to improve and/or expand the cooperation and realises this.
The dream candidate
- A bachelor level of education in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in a comparable position.
- Proven track record in drafting and execution of work plans and scripts for events, campaigns and/or projects for High Value segments.
- Specific knowledge and skills:
- Excellent planning and organising skills.
- Pro-active and hands-on mentality.
- Well organised way of working.
- Excellent relationship manager.
- Excellent verbal, reading and writing skills in English and Dutch.
- As a person:
- Energy, humour, and love connect with people.
- Proactive and pragmatic, thinking from opportunities and possibilities.
- Full of initiative, entrepreneurial and a goal-getter.
- Open for feedback, other opinions, and ideas
- A genuine interest in the NGO sector, in particularly in women-centred and rights-based approach programming
What do we offer?
Simavi offers a result-driven and challenging position in an international working environment, with considerable ways to make a difference. Besides a fun and healthy working environment (i.e. weekly (online/offline) bootcamp sessions and agile way of working), we are an equal opportunity employer meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring practices and we actively seek a diverse applicant pool. Our five core values lie at the basis of everything we do: just, sustainable, empowering, inspiring, connecting.
We offer a contract for 1 year for 32 hours per week with possible extension. The salary we offer depends on the years of working experience you bring along and will be within the salary minimum € 3,090.76 and maximum € 4,425.87 gross per month on a fulltime basis of 36 hours per week.
How to apply?
Interested and do you recognise yourself in the profile? Please upload your motivation letter and resume (in English) before 25 September 2020 via the application link below.
We are looking forward to your application!
Commercial inquiries or job postings are not appreciated or accepted regarding this vacancy.