Finance & Administration Officer Bangladesh
A healthy life. It enables you to develop yourself socially and economically, take matters into your own hands and pursue your dreams. With good health, you can look after yourself and your family and lift yourself out of poverty. That is why Simavi works towards a healthy life for all. We work to ensure that disadvantaged people, especially women and girls, in low- and middle-income countries practice healthy behaviours based on their own free and informed decisions.
We believe there are two crucial factors that determine good health and well-being: Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and access to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). Our integrated approach of these two expertise areas is reflected in our programmes to achieve the greatest impact possible for the most disadvantaged groups in Africa and Asia. Our communications, lobby and advocacy efforts aim to engage the general public and involve them in what we do.
Since 1925, we have been working with local partners, the private sector, knowledge institutes, donors, alliance partners and governments to realise our highest ambition. We are amongst others the lead NGO in the WASH SDG Consortium and the Golden Line programme. And we are member of the Get Up Speak Out Alliance and the More than Brides Alliance.
Simavi is looking for an experienced and energetic
Finance & Administration Officer Bangladesh
(based in Dhaka, 40 hours per week)
Please note this is a consultancy assignment in Bangladesh with national terms and conditions. Only candidates who are registered and legally entitled to work as a consultant in Bangladesh will be considered.
Our lives, our health, our futures
Simavi is about to start a new five-year EU funded programme: “Our lives, our health, our futures”. This programme is designed to enable and support young women and adolescent girls from indigenous groups in the Chittagong Hill Tracts of Bangladesh to transition into adult womanhood with dignity, and bodily and sexual autonomy, without violence, coercion and/or discrimination. At the same time the programme targets key gatekeepers and service providers to foster an enabling environment. For the implementation of the programme, Simavi will provide organisational, technical and financial support to local CSOs and strengthen their capacity to address the needs and rights of young women and adolescent girls, specifically in relation to their sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and gender-based violence (GBV).
The specific objectives of the programme are:
- Local CSOs have strengthened their technical, methodological, financial and administrative capacity to effectively respond to the SRHR needs of young women and adolescent girls and foster their rights to live free from violence, coercion and discrimination;
- Young women and adolescent girls from indigenous groups are empowered to make free and informed decisions about their SRHR (and are supported to do so), free of violence, coercion and discrimination.
Simavi is looking for an experienced Finance & Administration Officer (F&A Officer) to temporary strengthen the Simavi-programme team in Dhaka. There will be a programme team based in The Netherlands that is responsible for overall coordination of the Simavi programmes. In addition, the team in Bangladesh will consist of a Programme Manager, Programme Coordinator, 2 PMEL Officers and another F&A Officer. The F&A Officer is based in Dhaka and will work closely with the Programme Manager and F&A Officer in Bangladesh to support the start-up of the Our health, our lives, our future programme and other ongoing Simavi programmes.
The F&A Officer is primary responsible for the administration and finance for the programmes within Simavi Bangladesh Office. S/he ensures that the financial management routines and systems are respected and that regulations and policies and standards are adhered to in accordance with Simavi and donor requirements. The F&A Officer reports to the Programme Manager.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Manages the Programmes’ day-to day accounting functions including regular cash verification, bank balance sheets, accounts reconciliation, monthly closing, monthly cash projection, and timely submission of financial reports to the headquarters.
- Receives, analyses, follows up and consolidates the monthly financing accounts.
- Prepares budget for events, meetings, workshops, travels.
- Conducts orientations, guides and advises partners on correct finance procedures and proper documentation. This includes visits to offer support as required.
- Ensures adherence to the national laws for income tax, property tax, and ensures applicable payments are made in time.
- Provides administrative support related to the Programme Manager, and team. This also includes organising logistics for missions, meetings, conferences and other special events.
- Prepares contracts engaged by Simavi with third parties.
- Manages all staff leave schedules for the team; keep all records accurately in collaboration with the Programme Manager and any other Human Resource related admin tasks.
- Performs procurement according to Simavi policy.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile?
- Bachelor’s degree or other diploma in Finance, Accounting, Administration or relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position, preferably within an (I)NGO or an internationally-funded project.
- Knowledge of programme finance management, reporting and administration of EU funded programmes is a plus.
- Knowledge about all kinds of FD forms: FD-6, FD-3, FD-4, FD-2 and others.
- Knowledge about and experience with accounting software.
- Knowledge about VAT & Tax and ensure deduction from applicable source.
- Experience with training people on financial management.
- Knowledge about and experience with procurement.
- Experience in working with different types of stakeholders/clients such as the government, local NGOs, community members, private sector.
- Intermediate oral and written skills in English and standard Bangla.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Willingness to travel to Chittagong on a regular basis.
- You are result-driven and entrepreneurial.
- You stand your ground and know how to provide feedback in a positive way.
- You are a team player and are open to others opinions and ideas.
- You are eligible to work in Bangladesh.
What do we offer?
Simavi offers a result-driven and challenging position in an international working environment, with considerable ways to make a difference. We are an equal opportunity employer meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring practices and we actively seek a diverse applicant pool. Our five core values lie at the basis of everything we do: just, sustainable, empowering, inspiring, connecting.
We offer a consultancy contract for 8 or 9 months for 40 hours per week with possible extension. The consultancy fee we offer depends on the years of working experience you bring along and will be within the range of BDT 64,290.- and BDT 89,000.- per month (incl. income tax and/or VAT if applicable) for 40 hours per week, plus a 13th month consultancy fee.
How to apply?
Do you recognise yourself in the profile and do you want to contribute to Simavi’s mission and vision? Please upload your motivation letter and resume (in English, max. 4 pages) before 16 January 2019 via this application link: http://simavi.onlinevacatures.nl/vacancy/details/113453.
Do you have questions about this position? Please sent an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention F&A Offer Bangladesh in the subject line.
Or visit our website www.simavi.org.
Is this not your challenge? Support Simavi by sharing this vacancy with your network!
The procedure will consist of 2 interview rounds through Skype, a written test and a reference check.
Because physical and emotional safety of children is crucial for Simavi, we do not accept any form of abuse. Child safeguarding is addressed in our recruitment and selection process.
Commercial inquiries or job postings are not appreciated or accepted regarding this vacancy.