Digital Engagement Specialist
Simavi is looking for a
Digital Engagement Specialist
(32 hours per week)
Are you an experienced professional and want to use your expertise to expand the brand awareness and visibility for a dynamic international development charity? And grow the engagement of our existing and new target groups consisting of governments, Dutch and international audience, experts and peer organisations? Are you an outstanding communicator with excellent verbal and writing skills? Do you feel at home in an agile organisation? Then Simavi is looking for you!
Our mission is a healthy life for all. We strive for a world in which women and girls are socially and economically empowered and pursue their rights to live a healthy life free from discrimination, coercion and violence. Read more about our work at www.simavi.org.
Your role at Simavi
As our Digital Engagement Specialist , you will be responsible for representing Simavi across our communication channels as one of the key voices of the brand. You will use your understanding of campaign management, the user journey and personalisation to share content that drives income and engagement. You respond, engage and grow our follower base and compile campaigns and create content. You will provide Simavi with the guidance needed to enhance our on- and offline presence. With timely communications you know how to engage with our community and bring the right call to action at the right moment, focusing on website traffic, enhancing our followers and improving our dedicated community base.
The Digital Engagement Specialist is coached by the Director Marketing & Communications and works in close collaboration with the other colleagues from the Marketing & Communication Circle and other circles within Simavi – for example Private Fundraising and Programme Implementation.
Your result areas
- Communication Specialist
- Develop and implement a strategy with an annual communications calendar, growing our outreach, and maintaining existing and building new support.
- Keep up-to-date of the development environment and the media, particularly on issues which relate to Simavi’s activities, and linking with communications.
- Support in executing the user journeys in collaboration with the Digital Communication Specialist
- Online communication & social media
- To lead and grow Simavi’s presence and engagement on social media, advise on how to improve (data driven or by trend analysis)
- Development of engaging content for online platforms, social media, campaigns and fundraising initiatives
- Optimising user experience / engagement supporters
- Tailor communications for audience specific fundraising and build support for Simavi’s work
- Identify and target key donor groups and design specific user journeys that encourage people to join and donate to Simavi, build satisfaction and trust; generate further involvement, maximising their giving potential and life-time value.
- Maintain and build relationships through on- and offline communications and sharing stories about our work to increase commitment to Simavi
- Optimising the user experience of our supporters to drive lead generation
- You will take the lead in the communication and get your energy from converting possible leads to actual donors and being our ambassador while doing so.
- You will maintain and built relations with key accounts (donors, corporates, and other stakeholders) to ensure the visibility of Simavi and to achieve maximum support and funding.
Our dream candidate
- Academic or bachelor level of education in a relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in a similar position
- Comfortable with creating stories and content for a range of different channels
- A background with development organisations and charities, and knowledge of the NGO/ development sector is preferable.
- Can do attitude & result driven with a positive mindset
- Proven experience of increasing digital marketing engagement through user journeys and social media platforms.
- Love for storytelling through different channels, incorporating text, images and video content.
- Stands ground and know how to provide feedback in a positive way
- Digital native, knowledge and skills including CRM database, Clang, MS Office, Social Media Channels, WordPress, Meltwater
- Experience with Adobe creative products (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Excellent verbal, reading and writing skills in English and Dutch and eligible to work in the Netherlands
Wat do we offer?
Simavi offers a result-driven and challenging position in an international working environment, with considerable ways to make a difference. Besides a fun and healthy working environment (i.e. weekly bootcamp sessions, agile way of working and healthy lunches), we are an equal opportunity employer meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring practices and we actively seek a diverse applicant pool. Our five core values lie at the basis of everything we do: just, sustainable, empowering, inspiring, connecting.
We offer a contract for 12 months for 32 hours per week with possible extension. The salary we offer depends on the years of working experience you bring along. Furthermore, part of our terms of employment are: 5 weeks vacation per year, 8% holiday allowance, mobile phone allowance, commuting allowance (as of >10 kilometres), a pension insurance and a disability insurance.
Our office is located at Naritaweg 135, which is a 2 minutes’ walk from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk.
How to apply?
Do you recognise yourself in the profile and do you want to contribute to Simavi’s mission and vision? Please upload your motivation letter and resume (in English, max. 4 pages) before 15 January 2021 via this application link.
Do you have questions about this position? Please contact Klaartje Vest, Director Marketing Communications via email@example.com.
Is this not your challenge? Support Simavi by sharing this vacancy with your network!
Commercial inquiries or job postings are not appreciated or accepted regarding this vacancy.