Simavi is looking for a motivated and energetic
(32-36 hours per week)
Simavi is an international NGO that has been working towards a healthy life for all since 1925. We focus on sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). Our work in ten countries in Africa and Asia is done from a women-centred and human rights-based approach.
The communication department of Simavi makes sure we deliver high quality communication products for different stakeholders. Our audiences are very broad: from local press in Bangladesh to international politicians, and from the Dutch audience to United Nations members and African community leaders. It’s our responsibility to tell the story of Simavi and our international programmes, with the integrity of the people we communicate about always as our main priority. Communication objectives are usually either fundraising, brand awareness, or programme support. Our products vary: video, online channels, reports, marketing materials, online courses, etc.
Our interns are an integral part of the editorial team. We will adjust the interns’ responsibility to your skills and development objectives. This is your opportunity to gain experience in an international organisation and make a difference!
Besides a fun and healthy working environment (i.e. weekly bootcamp sessions, agile way of working and healthy lunches), we are an equal opportunity employer meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring practices and we actively seek a diverse applicant pool. Our five core values lie at the basis of everything we do: just, sustainable, empowering, inspiring, connecting.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile?
- A bachelor level of education in a relevant field;
- A genuine interest in the position of women and global wellbeing in general;
- Experience in developing content (e.g. video, text, social media content, or all);
- Experience in working in WordPress and InDesign is a plus;
- Fluent in English;
- Proactive and flexible, not afraid to be hands-on in a hectic environment;
- Creative and full of initiative.
- Available for at least 4 months
- Looking for a work-experience internship (a specific internship assignment can be discussed)
How to apply?
Do you recognise yourself in the profile and do you want to contribute to Simavi’s mission and vision? Please send your motivation letter and resume (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.