A healthy life. It enables you to develop yourself socially and economically, take matters into your own hands and pursue your dreams. With good health, you can look after yourself and your family and lift yourself out of poverty. That is why Simavi works towards a healthy life for all. We work to ensure that disadvantaged people, especially women and girls, in low- and middle-income countries practice healthy behaviours based on their own free and informed decisions.
We believe there are two crucial factors that determine good health and well-being: Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and access to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). Our integrated approach of these two expertise areas is reflected in our programmes to achieve the greatest impact possible for the most disadvantaged groups in Africa and Asia. Our communications, lobby and advocacy efforts aim to engage the general public and involve them in what we do.
Since 1925, we have been working with local partners, the private sector, knowledge institutes, donors, alliance partners and governments to realise our highest ambition. We are amongst others the lead NGO in the WASH SDG Consortium and the Golden Line programme. And we are member of the Get Up Speak Out Alliance and the More than Brides Alliance.
In 2017, we have restructured our organisation. We introduced an agile style of working. Moving away from a hierarchical organisation into a ‘flat’ circles based organisation instead of departments. Each employee has one or more roles, which may vary in time. The roles are grouped into seven functional circles, each with a specific purpose and its responsibilities.
Simavi is looking for an experienced and energetic
(32 hours per week)
Together with the other Assistant Programmes, you are responsible for the programme and project administration and support.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Support the registration of new donor contracts and programmes in our administrative system;
- Manage the programme and project administration and keep overviews and project database up-to-date;
- Process internal memos for new programmes and projects, and subsequent contracts, for approval;
- Support the Programme Implementation Circle in keeping status overviews of projects and programmes, safeguarding receipt of required documents and undertake action when needed;
- Organise and administer work travels for Simavi staff and other related persons (like ambassadors and consultants), including flights, visa applications and travel gear;
- Support in planning and organisation of Programme Implementation and Partnership Development Circle meetings and following-up and safeguarding agreements and action lists;
- Assure quality management according to ISO guidelines and manage the procedure handbook and administrative manuals;
- Take care of incoming and outgoing communications and correspondence;
- Support programmes related secretarial- and/or logistical support to other Circles on request.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile?
- MBO level of education;
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience in a similar support role. NGO experience is a preference;
- Excellent verbal, reading and writing skills in both English and Dutch;
- Well-organised and punctual way of working;
- Result-driven and able to work independently;
- Stand your ground and know how to provide and receive feedback in a positive way;
- Team player and are open to others’ opinions and ideas;
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands.
What do we offer?
Simavi offers a result-driven and challenging position in an international working environment, with considerable ways to make a difference. Besides a fun and healthy working environment (i.e. weekly boot camp sessions, agile way of working and healthy lunches), we are an equal opportunity employer meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring practices and we actively seek a diverse applicant pool. Our five core values lie at the basis of everything we do: just, sustainable, empowering, inspiring, connecting.
We offer a contract for 12 months for 32 hours per week with possible extension. The salary we offer depends on the years of working experience you bring along and will be within the salary range of € 1,882.- and € 2,520.- gross per month for 32 hours per week (i.e. € 2,118.- and € 2,835.- gross per month on a fulltime basis of 36 hours per week).
Our office is located at Naritaweg 135, which is a 2 minutes’ walk from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk.
How to apply?
Do you recognise yourself in the profile and do you want to contribute to Simavi’s mission and vision? Please upload your motivation letter and resume (in English, max. 4 pages) before 20 February 2019 via this application link: https://simavi.onlinevacatures.nl/en/vacancy/details/123066.
Do you have questions about this position? Please contact Esther de Vreede (Director Programme Implementation) via Esther.deVreede@simavi.nl.
Is this not your challenge? Support Simavi by sharing this vacancy with your network!
The procedure consists of 1 interview round on Monday 25 February (you will be notified on Friday 22 February) and a reference check.
Because physical and emotional safety of children is crucial for Simavi, we do not accept any form of abuse. Child safeguarding is addressed in our recruitment and selection process.
Commercial inquiries or job postings are not appreciated or accepted regarding this vacancy.