Alliance New Business Developer/ Fund Raiser – More Than Bride Alliance
The More than Brides Alliance (MTBA), recently received a Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Partnership Fund from the Dutch Government to implement a five-year programme (2016-2020) on Ending / Preventing Child Marriage. The Alliance consists of four partners: Save the Children (lead applicant) and the co-applicants Oxfam Novib, Simavi and Population Council. The programme is implemented in five countries: Malawi, Niger, Mali, India and Pakistan.
The mission of the MTBA is to improve Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights for young people enabling them to decide if and when to marry and pursue their rights in a supportive environment.
To achieve its mission, the MTBA has defined five key result areas:
- Empowering at risk-, and already married adolescents, girls in particular, with life skills education (LSE), Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) and SRHR information.
- Providing alternatives to child marriage and mitigate the impact on married girls, through enhancing access to education-, economic opportunities-, and child protection systems for girls and their families.
- Increasing access to SRHR services for young people.
- Changing social norms.
- Influencing legal and policy frameworks.
For the operational coordination a central Programme Management Unit (PMU) is established at the Head Quarters of the lead applicant Save the Children in The Hague, headed by an Alliance Coordinator (AC). A Partnership Steering Committee (PSC) comprising senior representatives of each partner will give the strategic direction to the PMU. In the Netherlands the PMU will be supported by a programme committee and a financial committee in which all four MTBA partners will be presented. We are looking for a Business Developer (BD) to support the MTBA in its mission to combat child marriage. The BD will be part of the PMU team and will be based at Save the Children in the Hague.
The BD is responsible for identifying business opportunities and acquisition to support MTBA mission of combating child marriage. He/she will be responsible for acquisition of big grant and/or investment programmes (preferably multi-million, multi-country, multi-stakeholder and multi annual) for the existing 5 MTBA programme countries and a.o. in Nepal and Bangladesh-as these are countries where MTBA has an interest but where funds are lacking. He/ she will work in the PMU team in close cooperation with the AC and staff of the partner organisations. The ultimate goal is to get more funding for upscaling of the work of MBA in current and new countries. This will be done through the development of attractive materials for fundraising and the development of multi country proposals
- Develop an acquisition strategy for institutional fund raising
- In cooperation with the country alliance coordinators and funding officers of the MTBA partners identify in country funding opportunities.
- Set up and maintain an international business development network with strategic donors and funders
- Design/develop a set of basic acquisition MTBA materials in direct cooperation with the MTBA communications advisor.
- Contribute to the positioning of the MTBA both internationally as in the programme countries
- Write business development plans, expressions of interests and lead full proposals to acquire complementary funding for the MTBA programme
- Liaise with the fund raising and communication units of the 4 MTBA partners
The Business Developer is placed under the alliance lead applicant, Save the Children in The Netherlands and reports to the AC.
- Member of the PMU team working in close collaboration with the AC and the communication advisor
- Coordination with the fund raising and communication units of the 4 MTBA partners
- Coordination for fund raising activities with country alliance coordinators in the programme countries
- Liaison with donors and business partners internationally and where possible in the programme countries
Profile, key qualifications
- Academic level, ideally in field related to International Development Cooperation
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience and proven track record in institutional fund raising preferably related to Child Marriage/SRHR
- Ability to translate programmatic data and information into attractive and convincing communication material
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Innovative and strategic thinker able to operate within a conceptual flexible environment
- Relevant international network
- Entrepreneurial and taking initiative
- Preparedness to travel to the alliance programme countries
- Fluent in spoken and written English & French
Save the Children Office in The Hague, the Netherlands.
Travelling in the Netherlands and to programme countries and to international donors
- 0.7 FTE per year
- Save the Children is an active promoter of child rights and implements an active child safeguarding protocol . As such we ask potential candidates for this position to be willing to comply to our Code of Conduct and to submit a certificate of good conduct once the candidate has received an offer of employmen
As soon as possible.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact the alliance coordinator Marie Christine Siemerink, tel. 070 338 44 48.
How to apply?
By sending your letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae to Wilma Barendse, email@example.com . Application deadline: 31 August 2016