Account Manager Institutional Funds
Simavi is looking for a an experienced
Account Manager Institutional Funds
(32-36 hours per week)
Our mission is a healthy life for all. We strive for a world in which women and girls are socially and economically empowered and pursue their rights to live a healthy life free from discrimination, coercion, and violence. Read more about our work at www.simavi.org.
Your role at Simavi
As an Account Manager Institutional Funds at Simavi your main responsibility is to mobilise, secure and gain funding from donors like EU, SIDA, DFID, Global Affairs Canada, and US foundations. You will take the lead in identifying, coordinating, and submitting proposals in line with donor requirements. Furthermore, you will create access to a variety of institutional donors and mobilise funding for our activities and those of our partners in Africa and Asia. You will maintain networks and partnerships and facilitate appropriate communications with (potential) donors.
The Account Manager Institutional Funds is coached by the Director Partnership Development and works in close collaboration with the other colleagues from the Partnership Development Circle and other circles within Simavi – mainly Marketing & Communication, Partnership Development and Programs and our local representations with other fundraisers.
Your result areas
1. Develop and maintain networks and partnerships:
- Strong account management on key accounts and build relationships with key donors
- Build-up and maintain relevant networks and partnerships
- Initiate partnerships with other relevant CSO’s
- Identify new trends and developments, relations, and potential partnerships relevant for Simavi
- Cooperate closely with the marketing & communications circle (M&C) to ensure that Simavi’s communication enhances institutional fundraising
- Participate in relevant network events in the Netherlands and internationally to profile Simavi
- Identify opportunities for fundraising on key thematic area’s
2. Identify and raise programme funding
- Collect information on opportunities and requirements for Simavi to attract external programme funding from institutional sources (national and international subsidies, in-country funds, corporate funds, international foundations, development banks, etc)
- Prepare – in close cooperation with colleagues from the Programmes and, if appropriate, partners in the Netherlands and overseas – programmes and proposals to submit for funding
- Write and submit impactful proposals, meeting donor requirements and secure effective follow up.
3. Strengthen and support Simavi’s capacity to develop impactful programmes
- Support in country staff and partners in in country fundraising
- Work closely with Programme Officers and Programme Managers in identifying opportunities and support them in developing innovative programmes, eligible for external programme funding
- Assist Programme Officers and Programme Managers in managing effective reporting on these programmes.
- Work closely with the Director Partnership Development to develop efficient procedures and policies well aligned with the Simavi strategy
- Share lessons learnt from institutional fund raising and fund management efforts with colleagues and in-country partners
The dream candidate
- An academic level of education in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in a comparable position.
- Proven track record in account management, institutional fundraising, and good knowledge of proposal writing.
- Specific knowledge and skills:
- Good networker, excellent communicator, and interpersonal skills
- Innovative and strategic thinker.
- Eye for detail, application of strong financial rigor, discretion, and integrity
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Preparedness to travel occasionally to other countries (within Covid restrictions)
- As a person:
- Open personality and positive mindset
- Getting things done
- A genuine interest in the NGO sector, in particularly in women-centred and rights-based approach programming
What do we offer?
Simavi offers a result-driven and challenging position in an international working environment, with considerable ways to make a difference. Besides a fun and healthy working environment (i.e. weekly (online/offline) bootcamp sessions and agile way of working), we are an equal opportunity employer meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring practices and we actively seek a diverse applicant pool. Our five core values lie at the basis of everything we do: just, sustainable, empowering, inspiring, connecting.
We offer a contract for 1 year for 32-36 hours per week with possible extension. The salary we offer depends on the years of working experience you bring along and will be within the salary range of € 3,090.76 and € 4,425.87 gross per month on a fulltime basis of 36 hours per week.
How to apply?
Interested and do you recognise yourself in the profile? Please upload your motivation letter and resume (in English) before 25 September 2020 via the application link.
Do you have questions about Simavi or this position? Please contact Mascha Bunt (email@example.com) or visit our website.
We are looking forward to your application!
Commercial inquiries or job postings are not appreciated or accepted regarding this vacancy.