Account Manager Institutional Funds
Simavi works towards a healthy life for all. Good health is the basis of everything. It enables you to develop yourself socially and economically, take matters into your own hands and pursue your dreams. With good health, you can look after yourself and your family and lift yourself out of poverty.
Simavi is an ambitious and growing development organisation. Our head office is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with local representatives in most of the countries where we work. In partnership with local civil society organisations, we improve the health of marginalised communities in the poorest regions in developing countries in Africa and Asia. Together with local communities, the private sector, knowledge institutes and governments we address Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) as well as the basic need for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). We believe that those two themes are the basic determinants for a good health. We also campaign to engage the general public and involve them in what we do.
In 2017, we have restructured our organisation. We introduced an agile style of working. Moving away from a hierarchical organisation into a ‘flat’ circles-based organisation. Each employee has one or more roles, which may vary over time. The roles are grouped into seven functional circles, each with a specific purpose.
Simavi is looking for an experienced, representative and inspiring
Account Manager Institutional Funds
(fulltime, 32-36 hours per week)
We are looking for a new Account Manager Institutional Funds. In this exciting and challenging position, you are responsible to secure donor funds for Simavi’s programmes on WASH and SRHR and based on Simavi’s Theory of Change. You will take the lead in identifying, coordinating and submitting proposals in line with donor requirements. Furthermore, you will create access to a variety of institutional donors (bilateral, multilateral, international foundations) and mobilise funding for our activities and those of our partners in Africa and Asia. You will maintain networks and partnerships and facilitate appropriate communications with (potential) donors.
You will work in the Business Development Circle comprised of two Account Managers Institutional Funds, two Public Affairs Officers and the Director Business Development. The role requires working in close collaboration with our Programme Implementation Circle and our local representatives.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Identify funding opportunities relevant for Simavi;
- Prepare programmes and proposals to submit for funding – in close collaboration with colleagues and, if appropriate, partner organisations in the Netherlands and overseas;
- Maintain and develop partnerships to strategically position Simavi for WASH and SRHR funding opportunities;
- Develop strong network with donors and key players in the WASH and SRHR field;
- Lead and write the development of strong, relevant proposals, including Theory of Change or Logical Frameworks and align proposals with donor requirements;
- Harvest and analyse information from technical experts, local teams and existing programme documentation;
- Strengthen and support Simavi’s capacity to manage and develop (innovative) programmes.
- Academic level with minimum of 5 years’ work experience in business development and programme design, preferably in WASH and/or SRHR development programmes;
- Extensive experience and track record with institutional fundraising and proposal writing, with proven track record evidenced by win proposal rate and customer/donor feedback
- Good knowledge of programmatic planning models and monitoring systems;
- Existing network with international donors in the field of WASH and/or SRHR;
- Understanding of the development sector including the major institutional donors and players in the fields of SRHR and/or WASH;
- Innovative and strategic thinker, capable of finding pragmatic solutions to complex problems;
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
- Eye for detail, application of strong financial rigor, discretion and integrity;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English, understanding of Dutch and French language is preferred;
- Dutch citizen or in possession of legal entitlement to live and work in the Netherlands.
Simavi offers you
- An interesting and challenging position in an agile and dynamic international working environment, with substantial freedom and responsibilities to fulfil your role;
- A one-year contract with possibility for extension;
- A gross monthly salary between € 3,045 and € 4,360 on a fulltime basis of 36 hours per week;
- Excellent secondary employment conditions;
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Our office is located at a 2 minute’ walk from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk.
More information and how to apply?
When you are interested in this position, we are happy to receive your motivation and CV via email@example.com, attn. Marjolein Wiersum, subject ‘Simavi’.