Simavi works towards a healthy life for all. Good health is the basis of everything. It enables you to develop yourself socially and economically, take matters into your own hands and pursue your dreams. With good health, you can look after yourself and your family and lift yourself out of poverty.
Simavi is an ambitious, growing development organisation. Our head office is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with local representatives in most of the countries where we work. In partnership with local civil society organisations, we improve the health of marginalised communities in the poorest regions in developing countries in Africa and Asia. Together with local communities, the
private sector, knowledge institutes and governments we address Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) as well as the basic need for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). We believe that those two themes are the basic determinants for a good health. We campaign to engage the general public and involve them in what we do. We are the lead organisation for the WASH SDG
Programme on behalf of the WASH Alliance international (WAI), SNV and Plan Netherlands, we are a core member of the Watershed Alliance, a member of the Get Up Speak Out (GUSO) Alliance and take part in many more initiatives and alliances.
In 2017, we have restructured our organisation. We introduced an agile style of working. Moving away from a hierarchical organisation into a ‘flat’ circles based organisation. Each employee has one or more roles, which may vary in time. The roles are grouped into eight functional circles, each with a specific purpose.
Simavi is looking for an experienced, representative and inspiring
(fulltime, 36 hours per week)
We are looking for a new Programme Manager. In this exciting and challenging position, you will manage one or more of our WASH programmes based on Simavi’s Theory of Change. Next to this, you develop and maintain relations with donors, private sector and other partners, identify and scout for new strategic partnerships and potential donors for our programmes and you share your
WASH expertise and experience with other programme staff as well as the fundraising & communication and monitoring & evaluation teams. Our new Programme Manager is reporting directly to the Circle Lead (Director) of Programmes.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
1. Implementation of large, multi-country multi stakeholder programmes
- Represent Simavi in the programme cycle (e.g. membership of technical committee);
- Provide overall guidance, strategic direction related to the programme to Simavi staff and partners;
- Responsible for Simavi results and deliverables within the programme;
- Manage programmes in line with quality standards, planning and budget, and ensure contractual and financial arrangements are followed through. Where necessary, conclude contracts and MoU’s with partners and within consortia;
- Ensure progress in implementation; write narrative and financial reports to the donors, identify and solve bottlenecks, regularly visit projects in the countries where we work, communicate about progress, ensure payments to partners, organise studies, missions and evaluations.
2. Development and creation of new Simavi programmes
- Pro-actively scout, create and develop new concepts and programmes;
- Identify funds and possible partnerships with donor agencies, other NGOs, private sector and other strategic partners;
- Write programme propositions and proposals, as well as budgets;
- Active networking with policy makers, potential and existing partners and donors.
- Academic level of education (MSc);
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in the WASH sector, of which at least five years of relevant working experience on WASH in developing countries;
- Demonstrated experience and affinity with working with civil society organisations in developing countries (incl. capacity strengthening);
- In-depth knowledge on all aspects of WASH (e.g. demand creation, systems strengthening, social accountability);
- Experience with public private partnerships and development financing;
- Excellent programme management skills;
- Good knowledge of and positioning in national and international WASH networks (including donors);
- Communicative, representation and diplomacy skills in a multicultural context;
- Inspiring team player;
- Fluency in English, preferably also in Dutch (both speaking and writing);
- Dutch citizen or in possession of legal entitlement to live and work in the Netherlands.
Simavi offers you
- An interesting and challenging position in an agile and dynamic international working environment, with substantial personal freedom;
- A one year contract with possibility for extension;
- A gross monthly salary between €3.700,- and €4.360,- on a fulltime basis of 36 hours per week;
- Excellent secondary employment conditions;
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Our office is located at Naritaweg 135, which is a 2 minutes’ walk from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk.
How to apply?
In case you recognise yourself in the profile we are looking forward to receive your application before May 1st, 2018 by uploading your motivation letter and resume (in English, max. 4 pages) via this application link: http://simavi.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Apply/98400
Commercial inquiries or job postings are not appreciated or accepted regarding this vacancy.