Are you an all-round HR Manager with passion for people? Do you have a genuine interest is our mission and vision and do you get excited by the idea to further develop and maintain a diverse, inclusive, healthy and fun working environment for our staff? Do you enjoy working on a strategic as well as operational level? Do you feel at home in an agile organisation and international working environment? Then Simavi is looking for you!
Powerful women, healthy societies. We strive for a world in which all women and girls enjoy their human rights to water and sanitation, resulting in healthy and just societies. Read more about our work at simavi.nl.
Your role at Simavi
As our HR Manager you are responsible for ensuring that we have happy and qualified staff on board and offer a diverse, inclusive and healthy working environment. This concerns our 47 colleagues in the Netherlands as well as 16 colleagues working abroad from a whole range of different nationalities. You ensure high quality HR processes regarding recruitment, further onboarding, development and offboarding of employees.
More concrete you will play an advising and facilitating role in our new strategic direction to shift the power to our programme countries. We envision a future of Southern-led-co-creation and implementation of programmes and campaigns. As a consequence more positions will be shifted to our country offices. Your role will be key to enable this organisational transition.
The HR Manager reports to the Director Finance & Operations and coaches the HR Support Officer (0,67 fte). Next to this, agile as we are 😊, our Assistant Programmes has a much appreciated Recruitment role for 4 hours per week and our Executive Secretary provides superb support related to our onboarding process and Happy & Healthy activities (i.e. yoga, bootcamp, 6-weekly Happy & Healthy survey).
Tasks & responsibilities
- Development and implementation of HR annual plan and HR policies
- Contribute to organisational strategy in the area of organisational and personnel matters
- Providing HR advise and support to our circle leads and employees
- Ensuring smooth and accurate HR administrative processes (e.g. payroll, leave registration, insurances)
- Define, monitor and report on the HR KPI’s and monitor the HR budgets
- Act as security advisor in case of security assessment and in the event of crises
Our dream candidate
- You have a bachelor level of education in a relevant field (e.g. HBO HRM, MSc Business Administration: HRM);
- You have a minimum of 5 years of working experience as an HR Manager, preferably within an international working environment (i.e. working at a head office with several local offices abroad);
- You know how to improve employee engagement in an effective and inspirational way;
- You have experience with strategic personnel planning, talent and career development;
- You’re a sparring partner on all HR related topics;
- You are an experienced recruiter and know how to use labour market communication to ensure a diverse and inclusive applicant pool;
- You have knowledge of the Dutch labour law and regulations;
- You have knowledge of personnel information systems;
- You are pragmatic, result-driven and accurate;
- You stand you ground and know how to provide and receive feedback in a positive way;
- You’re a team player and always open to others opinions and ideas;
- You have excellent verbal, reading and writing skills in English and Dutch;
- You are eligible to work in the Netherlands.
What do we offer?
An exciting and challenging position in an international working environment. Besides a fun and healthy working environment (e.g. weekly online bootcamp or yoga sessions, agile way of working), we are an equal opportunity employer meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring practices and we actively seek a diverse applicant pool. Our five core values lie at the basis of everything we do: just, sustainable, empowering, inspiring, connecting.
We offer a contract for 1 year, renewable, for 24-32 hours per week (depending on your preference). The salary range is between € 2,316.- and € 3,366.- gross per month for 24 hours per week or between € 3,088.- and € 4,488.- gross per month for 32 hours per week (i.e. € 3,474.- and € 5,049.- gross per month on a fulltime basis of 36 hours per week). The position in the salary scale depends on the number of relevant years of working experience. Simavi also offers: 5 weeks of vacation per year, 8% holiday allowance, a mobile phone allowance, commuting allowance (as of >10 kilometres), a pension insurance and a disability insurance.
Our office is located at Naritaweg 135, which is a 5 minutes walk from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk.
How to apply?
Do you recognise yourself in the profile and do you want to contribute to Simavi’s mission and vision? Please upload your motivation letter and resume (in English, max. 4 pages) latest 2nd of August 2021 via application link.
Is this not your challenge? Support Simavi by sharing this vacancy with your network!
The procedure consists of 2 interviews, a reference check and a Certificate of Good Conduct.
Simavi is an equal opportunity employer seeking a diverse work force.
Only applications that are uploaded via the application hyperlink will be processed. Commercial inquiries or job postings without our consent are not appreciated and accepted.
Because physical and emotional safety of children is crucial for Simavi, we do not accept any form of abuse. Child safeguarding is addressed in our recruitment and selection process.