Programme Officer SRHR
Simavi is looking for an experienced, ambitious and dynamic
Programme Officer SRHR
Simavi is an ambitious, growing development organisation of more than 50 people. Together with local partners, we improve the health of people in the poorest regions in developing countries. With more than one hundred partners we work together with communities. We influence the policies of governments to take into account the health and rights of the marginalised population. We campaign to engage the general public and involve them in what we do. We are lead agent of the WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) Alliance, a member of the WASH IT Strategic Partnership Alliance, a member of the SRHR (Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights) Alliance a member of the More than Brides alliance and are cooperating closely with the private sector.
Simavi is looking for a Programme Officer in the area of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR). You will work in a dynamic team of SRHR Programme Officers, who develop and manage the SRHR projects and programmes of Simavi in Africa and Asia. Together with colleagues you play an active role in implementing and further developing the SRHR programme. The Programme Officer will likely play a role in one or two big programmes; Get Up Speak Out (5 countries) and/or More than Brides (2 countries). Besides programme coordination and administration, you will contribute to further SRHR programme development. We expect you to proactively engage in fundraising activities and networking amongst partners,alliance members and stakeholders.
Tasks and responsibilities
- SRHR programme implementation, which includes ensuring contractual compliance, monitor progress, assess reports, organize support missions, contribute to reports for external donors and other programme management.
- Relationship management with local partner organisations, consultants, embassies, government and other relevant contacts.
- Contribute to further SRHR programme development (technical as well as financial).
- Support the Senior Programme Officer(s) SRHR in de development of programmes for fundraising.
- Support the Senior Programme Officer(s) and SRHR Programme Manager in programme and project administration. The Programme Officer will report to the Programme Manager SRHR.
- Academic level with proven knowledge and experience in the field of community health and rights based approach;
- Experience in the field of SRHR/Public Health is requirement
- Five years of relevant working experience preferably in a developing country;
- Experienced in programme management, including implementation and PME;
- Relevant working experience (working with local partner organisations, managing contacts with key-stakeholders) preferably also in a developing country;
- Experience with project management, programme planning models and monitoring systems;
- Ability to contribute to the development of funding proposals;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in Dutch and English;
- Dutch citizen or in possession of legal entitlement to live and work in the Netherlands;
- Team player, but also able to work independently;
- A networker with an ability to represent Simavi in various situations.
- An interesting position (36 hours/week) in a dynamic and international working environment, with substantial personal freedom in the context of an ambitious and professional team;
- A gross monthly salary between € 2,755 and € 3,887 on a fulltime basis of 36 hours;
- Excellent secondary employment conditions;
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
If you have any questions, please contact Aika van der Kleij at +31 (0)88 313 15 70 or email@example.com.
Candidates are invited to apply before the 1st of December 2015. Please send your letter and resume (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org, using reference Programme Officer SRHR. Interviews are aimed to take place in the week of 7 December.
Commercial inquiries or job postings are not appreciated or accepted regarding this vacancy.